If your house is over 7 years old and not connected to a public water or group water scheme, you should be eligible for a grant. This grant is worth up to €2,031.58 or 75% of the total cost of works involved (whichever is the lesser). The grant can be used to either upgrade an existing water supply or drill a new well. One grant per house is allowed in any 7 year period.
In order to qualify for the grant, total cost of works must be more than €635. Before any work begins, the local council will call out to inspect your system. Once approved, works can go ahead within 12 months. Works must be paid for in full on day of completion. Receipts and paid invoices have to be submitted to council with a water analysis report and associated paperwork before a second council inspection can be arranged.
Payment of grant is returned in the weeks following the second inspection.
- Drilling a new well
- Providing or upgrading pumping equipment to a new or existing supply.
- Providing or upgrading water filtration and purification equipment to a new or existing supply.
- Frost protection measures.
- Pump house renovation.
- Ground works for relocation of equipment to a secure and weatherproof location.
Requirements for application:
- Application form WG1 for your County Council
- Comprehensive water analysis report. – see water testing.
- Quotation for cost of proposed works from Dawson water (2-5 quotations required in some counties)
- Site location map (not required by most councils where an eircode is available)
Dawson Water Solutions provide a FREE call-out service to help with grant applications. We ensure that the customer understands the process and that everything is carried out in the quickest, easiest manner. Please note that Dawson Water cannot obtain quotes from other companies or carry out paperwork on your behalf. However, we will advise and help you in as many ways as possible. For more details on applications or grant eligibility, contact us today.